Auditors need to develop and improve their ability to analyse changes, to address the related risks and challenges and to continuously adapt their audit methods and approaches. To do so, it is essential for audit institutions to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with academic researchers. In other terms, audit profession and research must advance hand in hand.
To reach this goal the University of Pisa and the European Court of Auditors (ECA), the EU’s independent external auditor, have set up and jointly organised a Summer School in public auditing and accountability.
See the Official Agenda
Media and documents (reserved area)
Events in Pisa during Summer School
08 July to 12 July 2019
24 June 2019
The School is a new learning opportunity for professional auditors (in both the private and public sectors), for students and scholars as well as for other civil servants and professionals to keep up to date on the latest trends and developments in this evolving field.
In line with the ECA’s strategy, the School will open a structured dialogue with the academic world, provide additional opportunities for high quality training, facilitate knowledge exchange between practitioners and researchers and – last but not least – can provide a platform for study, discussion and information exchange on auditrelated issues.
Who can apply
The School is open to a wide range of participants: auditors, civil servants, students and scholars, researchers and professionals interested in auditing practice and financial accountability.
The courses are aimed specifically at the following target groups:
- auditors of all kinds (junior or senior, from the private or public sector, financial or performance auditors);
- students (postgraduate, doctoral and post-doc) from a range of disciplines, including law, political science, economics, sociology, public administration, EU studies, public finances, accounting and audit;
- researchers and lecturers in the same disciplines;
- civil servants from EU institutions and bodies, from international organizations, and from national and subnational institutions and administrations.
The summer school is open to auditors, civil servants, researchers, professionals, doctoral and post-doctoral students, postgraduate students in management, law, political science and related fields (work and/or research experience in auditing is a preferential condition).
- Identity Document (*PASSPORT in case you are a foreign student*)
- Enrolment Form (the Enrolment Form is available HERE. You are due to fill in the form and SIGN IT TWICE in both areas marked “Sign here”, as it is stated in the document; you will upload it on the portal when required)
- Curriculum Vitae
ALL THE DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT, IN ORDER TO UPLOAD THEM ON THE PORTAL WHEN REQUIRED.
Total cost: € 1.650,00
- fees 1.000 euro
- accomodation 650 euro
Bank transfer to the following account:
Università di Pisa
Dipartimento di Scienze politiche
Banca di Pisa e Fornacette- Credito Cooperativo S.c.p.A.
Please write to the coordinator for further details.